Saturday 11 April 2015

Successful reunion

My alarm was set for 5pm so I got up and let Buddy out the back door, he didn’t fancy the hail and neither did I. We all had another three hours in bed. I re-emerged and the sun was shining but the wind would be the real problem, I grabbed some gear from the garage anyway.  I also picked up my new HPR tip which is just back from Century having broken it for a third time in yet another daft accident. I was looking forward to using it again as I just feel confident with it. In my opinion a great rod and ideal for the task in hand , catching Sea Trout.

The wind dictated where I ended up today with miles of coast just about unfishable. One minute I had too many layers the next my hands were being stung by hail showers. The sky would go black and the next minute I was reaching for my sunglasses, this was repeated regularly. I also witnessed a Jack Russell being blown over, not something you see every day.

                             I  had a few taps on the way in, the first fish took 10ft from my tip

Same again, maybe even closer to the tip when I was wading. This one had an odd two tone tail section on both sides.

                                                                Another close quarter take

I'm sure this little fish came back on the next cast after it narrowly missed my lure, funnily enough just as I was lifting out.

It's great to have my favourite rod back. The sensitive tip transmits any subtle knocks and enables me to convert these into fish landed. It’s why it’s such a great rod for SP fishing for Bass. I might get myself the short version for Perch fishing from the kayak. It will now be in a tube at all times except when I'm on the beach. I've eventually got the message.
 

2 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Superb fish! Especially when caughrt in crappy weather. . Hope you enjoy your rod for a while now... if I broke my kgevolution even once I thing id cry..lol

Martin said...

Thanks.They are taking longer to make new tips up though. 7 days, 3 weeks and then 5 weeks. Think they're trying to tell me something. That said, quicker than Japan mate ;) be careful out there.... Keep the hankies close by, tears are only a slip,car door, garage door away. Never broke a rod in my life till this one, making up for lost time.