Monday 6 April 2015

Launch Day

I spent some time actually in the water today following on from my day afloat on Sunday. Jamie agreed to chaperon me on my first launch, provide a few tips and put himself on standby. The objective was to do a number of self-rescues ,complete a shakedown of the boat as well check the gear I was wearing worked. For a newbie there’s quite a lot to think from securing the rig to the roof to getting back in the boat. I made a few mistakes but that’s how you learn I guess. One of them was a classic and Jamie will probably keep that in his back pocket for a later date. I learned a lot from my first couple of hours today and I’ll make a few minor changes based on this. We would like to have travelled a bit further but given the fog it clearly wasn’t a good idea, back out soon, next time with a rod.

My camera battery was dead so Jamie kindly took some video footage and from this the following stills.


                                    We launched at Troon which was flat for my first attempt
                                                                   Taking a  bath
                                The Typhoon drysuit had no leaks which I'm glad to report
                                                                             Nearly
                           My ass has been hauled back in, time to swing around, job done.

Thanks for your help today Jamie, the very least I could do was provide the entertainment.

No comments: