Friday 18 July 2014

Dont sweat the small stuff

I promised myself I would get a few mid-week trips in for Bass this month but with the blistering weather we had today as well as poor tides I opted for a more realistic option of success.  I picked up my Ultron drop shot rod, some weights, hooks, Gulp Sandworm and 20 ragworm and headed for the coast.

The action was thick and fast with bites on every cast.


                                                             A little Pollack.

                                                                             Small Cod
 
                                                            Goldsinny Wrasse
I saw a dad out with his kid both trying hard but catching nothing. The kid looked cheesed off as I swung in another fish. I shouted him over and I gave him two pre tied drop shot rigs and ten rag for him and his dad. He seemed pleased and with a spring in his step he ran over to his dad who went to work tying the rigs on and baiting the hooks. I had a chat with them for a couple of minutes and as I went back to my rod  the kid hooked up and swung in a little Wrasse, happy lad.
I had left my rod in with some slack hoping something might pick it up when I was doing my bit for the next angling addict in the making.
 
                                                       A little Dab had jumped on the hook.
 
Long Spinned Sea Scorpion, as always, one of the most photogenic fish that a lot of people might class as ugly.
                                        Then a not so proud looking Short Spinned Sea Scorpion.
 
It looks the weathers changing for Friday so I’m glad I made it out tonight. Boat trip for me at the weekend, maybe some Tope and Huss on the cards.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments: