Tuesday 17 June 2014

Homeward bound

We’re leaving for home this afternoon and despite being a bit rough this morning I walked the beach for the last time.

I had 6 hits and managed to convert these into 4 Ladyfish, great fun. Although slightly smaller they leap and run well for their size and would be a great fish to catch on a fly rod.
I kept one for the security guard on the Tarpon pier, that’s’ his dinner sorted and a thank you from me for the opportunity to tangle with the big boys.
 
 

 

I said goodbye to Robert. He’s here for another week and is determined to get a Ladyfish, nice guy; I’ve enjoyed fishing with him.
The guy sitting on the floating jetty was catching some mini species and had kept a couple in a zip bag of all things, blenny ridiculous if ask me. 
I had a look at what he had and picked this out. This one’s for you Hutch, when you’ve done your homework let me know what it is…….
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

Scott Hutchison said...

You've had a good trip mate. Pity about the big cuda but sounds like good angling and bad luck.

That little fish certainly looks like a blenny. Will see if I can suss out which one. Lol.

Must say you've got me looking at holidays in the Caribbean. Maybe 2016.

When you're back and ready for some smoothhound action give me a shout. ;-)

Martin said...

Yeah, will get a trip for those in soon.