Sunday 27 April 2014

When the hens away

With Lynne packed off for her hen weekend I continued my journey. The last I heard the wheelchair was decked out in L plates and furry dice, nothing to worry about there then…….

A cautious approach was required with the bright conditions and low tide holding spots.
This fish below actually beached itself when it took the lure and the scrap was over before it began.  I had a few bow wakes and follows but even scaling down further didn’t work after that.
I had to wait a little while before I picked up another fish.
I’m now seeing Gannets on a regular basis, they seem to stack and glide in circles over regular spots waiting for targets to appear, one of my favourite sights when they  then decide to peel off and go in hard. There were also a few Terns around adding their own soundtrack to what was a quiet evening , nearly time for a different type of silver.

 

No comments: