Tuesday 30 July 2013

Fishing in the salad

On Sunday conditions were good, yes it was bright but the sea had a lot of movement in it and there seemed to be a little life around with some Gannets and the odd Tern. There was also lots of suspended lettuce floating around which proved a bit frustrating especially as I was a bit weary from the night shift session. Anyway, bumped into Brent and we worked our way along the shoreline till he had a hit and within 20 minutes he had two fish.
It was sort of clear the lure every cast and if you managed to get a retrieve in there might be a fish or two in the swell. I changed to a Wave Worm fished weedless on a 7g Owner sled head which made the combined weight about 22g, that seemed to work, when I say work I mean fish reasonably effectively and I was only stripping salad off every 4 or 5 casts. After about 20 minutes I had a really solid take and the fish zig zagged around in the swell, it felt pretty good but unfortunately it came off in the undertow of a large wave, not happy but that was it for me. If you could deal/put up  with the conditions there were some fish to be had.

I got a call from Lynne about then as I had lost track of time and decided to head up the road for some food and maybe another beer….

No comments: