Monday 8 July 2013

Eel's & Flatties

I decided to add a few species to my tally for the year and dust the cobwebs off the bait rods. I’d be lying if I thought I didn’t have the outside chance of something silver and spikey but the first thing up was something snotty and green.

I forgot how nice these are to handle...
 
 
This was the first run out with my long rod and braid/fixed spool set up. At 15ft it takes a bit of getting used to in comparison to what I’ve been using especially when I can’t remember the last time I picked up a beach rod. With standard set up and long rig side by side it was noticeable how good the bite detection was. So all in I had eleven fish in a couple of hours which killed some time before I went exploring a new mark with lures for a couple of hours before dusk.

 
Big paddle for a small fish
This was the best of the bunch
The mark looked OK and I'll try it again but it produced only these. I left about 9.30 as I had a 5.30am which turned out to be totally unnecessary thanks to my better half!
 

No comments: