Saturday 1 June 2013

Another blank

 I started off at a mark at an old mark thats a little out the way and requires some effort to walk into. I've some good memories from here, it still holds my record for the most Bass caught in a session. The signs were good as I caught site of the sea the first thing I saw was a Gannet and then eight in total working an area about 200-440 yards offshore. This was always the case here on or around hight tide and on the drop.The fish however were missing.

Fast forward through a relocation to 1.45am. The moon's crescent came over the horizon. at first it looked like a ships sail that was illuminated.The fact that I thought this told me I needed a Red Bull and having given up the smokes 6 months ago there was not much keeping me awake. As it got a little higher in the sky for some reason I felt more optimistic. About 20 minutes later I went to pull the lure from what I thought was some weed and I was into a fish , 5 seconds later it was off. It was a very slow take and with my hands pretty cold my reactions were a little slower than they could have been.

In at 6am and in two trips probably 10 rod hours down the line and nothing to show for it, thats fishing. Well early Bass fishing with lures in Scotland for me anyway.

No comments: