Tuesday 9 April 2013

Spring seems a long way away

I'm back in Dundee tonight but it felt more like the arctic. With some wading involved tonight the cold soon started to get to me. The only socks I had with me were the type I wear to work when I should have had the merino wool knee length numbers on as well as neoprene waders.

Anyway, fishing was alright. I had a fish in ok condition after about 5 minutes and things were looking good but that’s the way things stayed.

 I had my chances and from what I managed to see I had another four fish turn away at the end of the retrieve, catching a glimpse of an open mouth or a head just turning away at the last second. The fish tonight were deep followers and if you’re not paying attention you won’t see a thing as they don’t even crease the surface. I tried my usual trick on a regular basis at the end most retrieves; when there was a fish there they were having none of it.I saw the hail coming from a distance and I just managed to get to the car in time before it started bouncing off the bonnet. I better harden up for Norway as I think I’ve gone soft over the winter.



No comments: