Monday 22 April 2013

On line for in-line's

Some fish to dream of in this clip. I think its Denmark.

I've not really done much on line shopping for lures for a few years now... honest! But I have managed to find one store in Europe that stocks some lures in the styles and  the variety of colours I've been after for a while. The majority of what I've purchased are in-line style lures and UV colours.

UV 's been discussed on a few forums over the winter and I believe there is something in it. I first tried to get my hands on these last year but getting them in the UK was next to impossible as was getting them from a single source across the water.  James and Callum  at Angling Active in Stirling were helpful and got me a couple in but its not something they could go big on as I dont think there is the overall demand.

 I dont really go for plugging tackle on my blog but the advantages of in-line lures in terms of fish staying on the hook are noteable. I believe they will also work well with singles which in turn will be better for the fish which are released.

You can find some info on UV here http://www.kineticfishing.dk/default.aspx?pageId=269

2 comments:

callum said...

UV is interesting. It Certainly makes a difference when fishing for rainbows, can't see why it wouldn't apply to other fish species mate.

Martin said...

Think your right , they have a range of small inline lures in some whacky UV colours for put and take fisheries as well as wild brownies. Will give them a go and see what some other fish make of them over the summer.