Sunday 23 September 2012

It's simple, just dont blank

It would have been easy to better our last trip here earlier in the year, catch a fish, simple.


The morning was looking like another duck egg till Stewart caught a jack. The Perch had applied their cloaking device and it’s wasn’t looking good after numerous moves, stops and changes of lures.


I lost what I think was a decent Perch with the fish coming off just before I could see any colour. Stewart stuck to his trusty copper & silver spoon when we had a double he took the fish below and I had and 10 oz Perch on a Savage Gear diving prey….




I got some good video of this but HD takes crazy to time to load up on here, anyone got any ideas?

Davy was next up taking this fish on bait.
  I then hooked a fish jigging and I was hopeful it was my target of a decent Perch but it turned out to be a jack of about pound and a half.



After another move I connected with a Pike, fought & played, unhooked, say cheese time but the fish seemed to have rubbed itself with butter and after a kick and a flick it went back in the loch much to the guy’s amusement.

As we made our way back down the loch Davy got snagged and as the boat was positioned to free the lure I took the opportunity to sneak this one out. The reason I’m smiling as much below is the fish made a double break for freedom having applied the same butter as its pal I was just able to hold on to it.


3 comments:

Col said...

Great report ,Some smashing pike !

For video try a free programme "any video converter" and convert your video fron current format to something like flv .

Cheers col

brian said...

great stuff Martin, some cracking pike there.

Martin said...

Thanks Brian..

I'll have a look at that Col. In it's current format it said 3 hours to upload.