Saturday 22 September 2012

Meteor storms, steady fishing and bad pictures

The seasons are changing with yesterday being the last day of official summertime it felt like it last night with clear skies, northerly wind and temperatures down to 2 degrees on my way home.


The fish were in the mood shortly after I started just after LT. I had changed hook patterns and used some super glue and positioned the hook further down the SP which helped hook up rates and converted the offers I had into fish. I didn’t do much wading last night and took some pictures but for some bizarre reason the all ended up like this? I think it was the change in temp and condensation in the camera, didn't pick up on this when I viewed them on the screen.



Nice enough fish and I added a stray Pollack.

The highlight of the night was a light on the horizon which grew brighter, got closer and seemed to pass over me from east to west disappearing over the western horizon and followed by a sonic boom. As it was directly above me I counted eight main parts to it followed by a smattering of smaller particles. It moved almost in slow motion and was bright enough to have the effect of putting every bird on the beach up in the air, amazing.

No comments: