Tuesday 4 September 2012

A couple of days of slow fishing

Fished Sunday morning , lost a fish worth having after about 10 minutes in a really rough piece of ground. I then had 5 wind knots and having had 2 this year this was a real treat. I also lost three lures. I had a final rally and was delighted to catch a seagull about 40 yards out on a Patchinko 2 which stayed airborne till  about ten feet out. It was only beak hooked and just a school gull about 3 feet on the ruler and 4 pounds in weight and was safely returned to the sky to fly again.

Breath deeply, forget about the knots, the lost fish, lures and the gull...

Sunday night 2 hours of a rising tide in darkness completley ruined by six goons taking pictures of the moon and flashing headlights in the general area I intended to fish. I left them to their general bawbagary and headed home.... a waste of one of the best tides of the month. I could have moved but was'nt in the mood. Having had very few blanks this year sometimes you just need to take your medicine.

On Monday Jamie joined me for a Perch session and we started fishing about 2pm. The water level had gone up by about 20 ft and seemed to have totaly changed the holding areas. Jamie had a Pike and I had a Pike and around ten Perch but they were all pretty small. What I did notice is that without using SP's I would have struggled to get any Perch as they were hard on the bottom at nearly full range. Hope they take the plug out soon to get it back to a better level.

No comments: