Friday 18 May 2012

A bleak night with a little sparkle

I Stayed in Dundee again last night and while the tides were not great the times were sociable enough to encourage me out for a session. The whole scene had a rather dour look to it with the light S'ly winds which were in the forecast at one point managing to turn themselves around to gusts of 15-20 mph NE's with some rain in the mix....

The water colour was not what I wanted it to be but the fact I could see three sizes and colours of lures at 7-10 yards meant the fish should see what was offered as well. I covered a lot of water before this fish hit on a long line cast up tide, no doubt I was glad to see it. It took the lure really positively and went airborne straight away. I  felt a hard vibration on the braid instantly and when it went vertical again the fish  was also across and down tide having covered a surprising distance.It was the same sort of feeling a fly line has cutting through the water at speed.10/10 as it was punching above its weight.














These nothing to something moments on a wet skankie night is as good a reason as any to pick up a rod.

Not bad for a cold and wet night . 2 from 2 with another small fish and no other sign of life to be seen.