Sunday 19 February 2012

Coast to Coast today









Went to an east coast hot spot today to try for the first Bass of the year. It was -3.5 in my driveway and the NW that was forecast seemed to be on plan for later today. Anyway when I arrived the wind was there as well as 4-5ft swell and lots of dirty water. I tried a couple of lipless vibration baits which were probably the only option...no joy. I met some decent lads who were down to target Bass on the fly. We had a chat exchanged some banter and headed off our separate ways... nice to meet you, will check your blog out.




I then headed  off somewhere north  for for two hours at new mark Rodney put me onto after gaining some knowledge from an old timer who is no longer with us. Neither of us had fished it to date but I think that may well change . No doubt its a decent prospect as I had two follows where I had to sweep the rod left to keep the lure working before both fish turned away and these were better than decent fish at that. I also had two separate boils at my lure as well as seeing a fish splash. It was only 40 minutes away and given this was about 1pm today in bright conditions I think you will see some posts with some nice ST caught from it soon.