Saturday 1 October 2011

Wet night on the Bass in the SW



















The Friday night rain was not in the sketch but rain it did. After driving through it for most of my journey I thought I had left it behind me but after about 40 minutes on my chosen mark it didn't stop. The tide was still dropping when I had a fish on my first cast and after banging out 4 fish on 6 casts I had visions of it being a bumper night on the Bass. These 2 fish came home with me as I was looking for a fish around the 3 pound mark to bake whole. The small fish had scoffed the crab bait down and was bleeding badly so unfortunatley and despite it's size it to made the journey home with me. I released 2 fish about a 1 1/2 pounds and despite a few moves it was only a couple of dogfish for me as the tide started to build. Disappointing really as with no wind and a nice surf conditions were fine apart from the rain but at least Sunday's dinner is now sorted. My Olympus has been playing up lately and did again tonight so it looks like I'll be shopping for a new camera soon. Another couple of self timer gem's here and I think I should look happier and stop chewing gum but with nobody there to say cheese this is what happens....

No comments: