Monday 26 September 2011

Black Rocks Rockling romp

























With better tides and also a rising tide into darkness I had high hopes of a few Bass tonight but I'm afraid they were a no show. I think the last ten days weather has dispersed these fish locally and whatever pattern they've been following has been broken. I will make a few phone calls over the next day or so to see if its worth spending some time on the beaches nearby or more than likely I will be heading south again.

Anyway the beach was strewn with weed and this was a real problem so all I managed were four Shore Rockling. After taking some abuse from the lads chasing these for my species count it was nice to get a few but as it happens not any that mattered as I need a 5 beard and a 3 beard but now I've found the Rockling rythm there only a cast away Mr Kennedy! So these pictures are especially for you Willie ..... :0 )






















I found myself surrounded by foxes again tonight so much so I think I need to check my waders for rabbits. At one point I had three within 5 yards and they just kept coming closer and closer. When I get back to the car I loaded up drove home narrowly missing another two.

No comments: