Sunday 8 May 2011

Micro Smoothies



















The forecast for the weekend came to fruition with strong SE's which duly led to the cancellation of the club boat competition. With some nice fresh crab burning a hole in the fridge myself and Willie decided to have a shot at some early Smut's. We eventually found them, for me it was left to the last cast of the day to land one having had three delicate bites on my last three casts as the tide dropped away about 2 hours after high water. At the same time Willie managed two Dog's and two Smut's. They were indeed certainly small and could be described as micro Smut's but my fish saved a blank and both myself and Willie added another species to the tally for the year. All in an enjoyable day with the sun shining on us again, life aint that bad and the fish will be bigger next time.

No comments: