Saturday 14 May 2011

Double Shot Day




























Busy day today, plenty of fish over two sessions which was nice. Tried Creetown got there a little late but it didn't matter,the fish were in the right mood straight from the off. I fished to two rods with crab resulting in 13 Flounders in about an hour and half. Having had enough of the sinking mud as the tide dropped I took the notion to put my feet on a beach with some surf.




I arrived at the beach in the picture to be met with the Dumfries & Galloway air force pounding the channel between the receding tide and the reef, the usual in fact for this mark. This is where the Bass generally work as the sandeels have nowhere to go at that point in the tide so my hopes were high for my first Bass of the year. I fished a rod short in the channel and another on the edge of the reef hoping to pick up a Pollack ,then the hounds arrived and pretty big ones at that. Three double shots later I had a decent bite but when I picked the rod up it was solid, with some coaxing it came free and delivered me a nice little Ballan Wrasse and another Dog. With the tide now well on the way in I was expecting a Bass. On my last cast the rod nodded nicely followed by a slack liner, bingo, but as it happens not a Bass but the best Flounder of the day. It was good to get a few fish today.

No comments: