Friday 16 April 2010

No surprise really



Being in the SW working this afternoon I packed the gear last night with a view to having a few hours this evening. To be fair the planned session was more out of complete optimism than reality, as was the session in March. Having set myself a probably unrealistic target of an early Bass on a lure at least I had to try.

Blank. No surprise really. After a cold winter my enthusiasm has got the better of me. I have however tried some new gear, had some exercise, got the boots on, walked a few miles and found some new marks again. The next two weekends I will be tied up and by that point things will have moved on again.

There was noticeable increase in gannet activity tonight, more sandeels and a few moulted crab shells. No holding the season back now.

No comments: