Saturday 7 November 2009

November- Thinking ahead

It’s the usual time of year when I start to think about next year’s objective in terms of what I would like to catch,where the I would like to go and what the available budget will be. The guys in my club are heading back to Kenya in January. This is a fantastic angling destination and pretty much has it all, just about every species of Billfish, GT’s, Amberjacks to name but a very few.

I was lucky enough to be visit in 2007.Willie Kennedy and I shared a boat on the last two days of our two week trip. The fishing went "tonto" and at one point we had five rods in with live frigate mackerel...five fish took each of the baits, Willie had 4 Yellowfin Tuna all about 50 pounds in the boat while I was left struggling with a Striped Marlin. Having done some damage to my elbow deep dropping speed jigs in 200 meters of water it was both painful and superb at the same time. When this latest trip was planned I could not commit to it. As it gets closer I cant help but feel a little jealous that I wont be there, good luck and I'm sure the fishing will be hot.

In fact I’ve been lucky enough to visit a lot of good angling destinations Kenya, Cape Verde, Pacific Mexico, Florida, Portugal and Arctic Norway.

I will get round to posting some pictures throughout the winter. Next year looks like France to lure/fly fish Bass. Having spent more hours than is right to do so I think I have it down to two places so… happy days.

No comments: