Sunday 19 July 2020

Slow day on the bay

Being a month late to the party and looking at reports from last week, I wasn't optimistic about catching a Tope. I wish I'd been wrong, we didn't get a run all day.  In fact, the fishing was slow and it was a day of picking up bits and bobs, for Jamie at least. I was left with the bits as he caught  a few species more than me.
An early Smoothound on last years crab, great fun on the 6 pound class rod.

As usual we had a few laughs, most of which were on me as I was having an absolute shitter of a day and wasn't sure what was coming next.  The most positive thing I can say about yesterday was that I didn't end up falling out the boat...

We contemplated staying out to fish the start of the flood but decided against it. About an hour after this picture was taken  the wind picked up and it was a sea of white caps from the NW.  I hope I'm on better form on Tuesday, back to freshwater and hopefully some Perch with my mate Sam.

No comments: