Tuesday 12 May 2020

Hello!


For anyone who still occasionally looks in on Tide Lines I’m still alive! Like lots of people I’m furloughed at the minute and facing the same uncertainties as most of us. I’m doing alright and hope you are as well.

This is the first time I’ve logged on to my blog since November last year, it’s also the longest lay off I’ve had from fishing that I can remember. Not that it’s been too far away from my thoughts. The ideas and plans that I started to think about around September last year have kind of came to fruition. It is also fair to say that executing them completely is on the back burner till further notice.

I looked for a van for around five months and went from considering a VW Caddy Maxi to T5 during the process. The change was mainly driven to accommodate weekends away, not just for myself, but also my wife and our dog. I eventually bought my T5 in January and have been getting it set up since. The money pit is now ready to hit the road. Being able to make the most of the better spells of weather and do long weekends trips or longer should add another dimension to my fishing. If it all goes wrong in the year ahead, I’ve always got somewhere to live…

My gear is ready and so am I, lets see what Sturgeon says in the weeks ahead. The fish have had a decent break, as have I, game on sometime soon. I’ll leave you with a quote from The Old Man and the Sea. If you’ve read it, you’ll see the link to the name of my boat.

“Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.”

If you’re struggling things will get better, if you need help, talk to someone.

No comments: