Tuesday 22 October 2019

A happy Monday


Opportunities to get out have been few and far between and being off work on Monday the forecast was too good to pass on, so I got my kit ready late on Sunday night. It was a pleasure to be afloat again, light winds, cloud cover and hardly a sign of anyone else afloat. It was certainly more relaxing than my last trip here. There were also plenty of fish around, Pollack, Bass, Cod and Gurnards. Being a small tide with light winds it gave me the chance to fish weightless in an area I’ve wanted to try. One of the challenges I’ve found is that on a kayak, fishing weightless, with control, on specific drifts isn’t easy. From 14 Bass the 2 best fish came via this method using a Wave Tiki Stick, food for thought. It’s much easier to fish with some precision using tide, waves or wind when your feet are planted in one area while shore fishing. I’ll probably make myself an anchor set up with no chain, on a short rope, that I can deploy quietly and quickly in shallow areas for this in the future.    

No comments: