Wednesday 13 June 2018

Smoothie operator


The next trip on my yak, the targets were again Tope and hopefully Smoothounds. I fished 7am to 7.30pm. The Mackerel were hard to come by but I did have a string of nice Herring to add to the bait stocks. Not that it mattered a lot, I had one Tope run about 4pm but it dropped the bait. Saturday was more of a smoothie day, I've never caught so many. The gear I was using was on the heavy side but it was still great fun.
Most were on the small side. I only had 3 that were slightly better, seen here in the picture above, bottom right.
I had one hook, one hook length and no light leader. Somewhere between me cutting the hook length and tying the hook on, the tub I had some bits in disappeared, still got the lid....30 odd fish with this ,20 crabs and 4 squid is a proper economical use of resources. Species, Mackerel, Coalie, Herring, Tub Gurnard, Grey Gurnard, Whiting,LSD, Smoothound. A great days fishing.






No comments: