Monday 11 December 2017

Cool day and hot fishing!

A text led to a few beers late on Saturday afternoon, never a good idea before a day afloat. That said, it was great to catch up with a few friends and I was back home for 10 pm. Of course, the compulsory dull head followed  on Sunday morning. I should know better to check, and double check in these situations and I soon realised I had left my kayak seat in the garage- bellend!

As I set off again it had warmed up nicely from -6 to -3.5 but I'm not going to lie, when I went through my front door to get my seat, I nearly stayed there. I'm glad that I didn't though.

To be fair I was pretty rough, also fishing rough as it happens, I had a couple of tangles, the GoPro remote wasn't working ( nothing new there) and I dropped a lure over the side before I could attach it. I'm thinking here we go for one of those days. Unusually for today, I made a decent decision and set off for a spot I had marked on my Navionics app on my phone.
The rest of the day passed quickly  as I found the fish on three marks, two of which were new to me.
I've not had a Wrasse this year which is hard to believe. I picked one up on a lure with snow on the hills in December, a first for me.




I had a 
I had three proper lumps, kept two fish for the table, this one and a 3 pounder. I expected it to be a double but it went 9.2 The SG XLNT was bent to cork and the hook almost opened up fully on this fish.




I trashed a bunch of lures, got kelped a few times and broken once. A superb days fishing and a real motivator to get out there in the winter months.




2 comments:

Luremaniac! said...

Some proper fish there! This December is proving very productive..
keep it up man!

Martin said...

Thanks, likewise, final flurry making up for some down time over the past few months. Better late than never