Wednesday 22 November 2017

My last day of summer


The last day of August was a pleasant affair, nice warm afternoon down in D&G. The fishing was pretty slow till some macks turned up and started to plough into baitfish  well out of casting range. I watched as the shoal got hit a good few times and got broken down into smaller patches rippling on the surface.I paraded along the rocks watching, just on the off chance as you do. Eventually and with some luck I got my fly in the right place but it came loose. I then thought I saw a Bass follow my fly up a rock ledge just as the wave was breaking.

I'll be moving my videos from Vimeo to YouTube over the course of the winter,might even manage to create a few more before spring kicks in.

2 comments:

DannyO said...

Nice to see some saltwater fly action, especially the fact that you managed to contact a few bass. What set-up were you using? I would've probably stuck with the spinning rod. When I drive down to the SW, I always think that the S Ayrshire coast around Lendalfoot looks like it would be worth exploring to see if there are any bass lurking.

Martin said...

Hi Danny, have we met on Lure Anglers?

XF2 Salt 9ft,Loop Xcact ,Rio Outbound. Think you're right about that area, if you catch it on its day, never fished it at night, that might be worth a shot too.