Friday 1 September 2017

August blues

I was extremely busy in August with my job as well as the work I’ve been carrying out on our house.  This left me next to no time to fish but I’m glad to say it’s almost at an end. Time consuming and expensive  but worth it. My trip to Grafham didn’t go as well as I would have  hoped for( no Zander) and  being the only time I fished in August it left me feeling deflated, not unusual for August as it happens as I’ve noticed a seasonal pattern here. I’ll cover that trip off in a post later in the year as I’ll be back for another beating till results improve.


Having been off this week I managed to get ahead of the game on the home front and decided to head south to  D&G with only a fly rod. It’s been a very long time since I caught a Bass on the  fly, I thought I was doing well with my casting earlier this year when I was targeting Sea Trout, today I was truly pish. It’s one thing pinging lures 40/50/60 yards, the world becomes very small place with a fly rod, if you don’t know this you should try it.  Seemed to me like turning up to Turnburry with only a putter for a round. I had to re-wire my head. That's been needing done for decades anyway.  Such are the thoughts of a mainly lure angler with a flee rod in his hand.

Any fish would be a bonus and as the tide rose I thought I saw a fish chase my clouser up the rocks on a breaking wave.

Video still images are never great but I got what I needed for today. My GoPro is  now dead. Submersion in a bag of rice cured it for a wee while but it gave up the ghost today.
 
A couple of Bass and a handful of Pollack isn't the worst way to spend a Friday afternoon on a most rotten of neap tides.
 
 

 

No comments: