Saturday 7 January 2017

The first fish of 2017

It was 8c when I left home at  6.30am. This was a full 12c warmer than last week on my journey to the loch. Would the Pike feel inclined to bite in the balmy winter conditions?
Certainly a high teen, perhaps a 20? My best Pike so far regardless
                           

                  
Relying on the GoPro in low light isn't the best idea for great shots but it's better for the fish just leaving the camera running.


And another nice fish. Both fish took a Westin Monster Teez presented
on an Uli rig.

I'll take the positives from today but I did have a few problems, bait, batteries  and I also left my paddle at home. I didn't travel too far on the peddles without a back up. All things considered I'm happy though, think I'm just a bit rusty after some time off.
I'll update the hit list as I work my way through the year, this was a decent start to the challenge.










No comments: