Monday 29 August 2016

Worth a try

I decided to push up the river and explore an area that I don’t know much about. It was lovely morning and I didn’t feel as lethargic as I have on my two recent visits here.
The water level had dropped around two feet since last Monday along with a sharp drop in temperature overnight. I had a kind of feeling it might be difficult today.
I focused my attention on the left bank, it has decent depth with lots of tree roots and shade on what was a bright day. There also seemed to be enough signs of prey for Perch with fry shooting around and a few fish topping. I felt I fished it effectively searching the water and focusing on the likely spots. All I had to show for about 2.5 hours was a single jack.
 
I dropped back to familiar territory and started to pick up fish, pretty small but after a barren few hours in the sun they were more than welcome. They seemed to be in dour mood and most of takes were very subtle today.
I had 5 or 6 Perch like these and the rest were tiny.
I might try the area again when the water level rises- might be worth another shot.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: