Sunday 7 February 2016

Here we go for another year.

The afternoons are getting a little longer, spring is on the way. The cycle of things hasn’t changed much for me in the last few years and this year won’t be that different. The desire to get out there again is building daily and hibernation is coming to an end. I have a few plans for the year ahead, some new objectives. In front of those I'm just going to enjoy my fishing. There have been a few new additions to my garage and some that will need dusted down. I had it bad for big Perch last year, still do, and I'll probably improve on that this year but at the same time target larger Pike which is kind of new to me. I gave the Bass fishing a pass last year, my heart wasn’t in it. I think 2015 was the first time in about twelve years I’ve not caught one. I can maybe mix this in with some Smoothie fishing and maybe a Tope from the kayak, all good, lots to go at if it takes my fancy nearer the time.

I’ll be out next weekend though, regardless of the conditions kicking off my Sea Trout season. I’m meeting up with Jim to hit the coast where we’ll be armed with fly rods and lures and a fist full of enthusiasm. The year ahead should be a good one. The reels are spooled and my battered Sea Trout lures have a fresh coat of Sally Hansen. Somewhere, the fish will be waiting.

No comments: