Saturday 16 August 2014

A few hours on the loch

Stewart joined me on a trip to a loch we’ve not fished together on for a couple of years. We split up to cover some ground and ended up with mixed fortunes.

I found the Pike and Perch in the mood to play on a mix of lures, Abu Atoms, Savage Gear 4plays, Daiwa Duckfin / D fins shads and Senkos. Stewart managed a couple of Perch and broke his rod….ouch!

They were in a jumping mood which put a shine on a grey day.
Gravel chops!
Not massive fish but good fun this, was the smallest of the Pike
The Perch were in a finicky mood preferring to tap at the lure when it was stationary as they do at times.

We had a move about 10am and I came across a much bigger fish which I played for a good while  before it spat the hook. I then lost another fish but managed a Pike of about 4 pounds before it was time to leave.

No comments: