Tuesday 1 July 2014

Blind squirrel finds a nut

June has gone by in a flash. My Bass fishing hasn’t got going as I’ve not been here for the most part. Last Thursday nights blank didn’t help and with some reports of good fishing around I squeezed in a few hours last night. Rather than go to the general area of the good reports I decided on the same place I blanked last week. This on balance was probably the wrong decision.

But even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
I picked this fish up at close range on a popper as the tide dropped. It gave up the ghost and put up more of a fight when it was in the rock pool at my feet. This turned out to be deeply recessed and I got nipped by a crab while guddling it out.  The best two hours of the flood passed without incident and being a school night I hit the road. Anyway, it wasn’t a blank and I’m looking forward to July.

 

No comments: