Saturday 12 April 2014

Windy daze


It was difficult to find any shelter today as the wind found me in every hiding place I could think of. It must have been gusting close to 40mph at times and not very pleasant to be out in to be honest. The rain stopped about 10.30am which was nice, the fish were hard to find and it seemed I was destined to have one of those days. I had one deep follow and three takes which were on and quickly off again. I’ve had a busy week , a lot of driving and early starts. I was really feeling the effects of a 5am rise this morning and left the house in a daze, with 3 hours fishing behind me and no fish landed I was questioning if I should have stayed in bed.


I had a feeling that the Sea Trout weren’t being convinced by my efforts today but this fish eventually proved me wrong.
 
I was knackered and decided to have a kip for half an hour and see how I felt after that.  I didn't feel I was fishing effectively, sort of just going through the motions as can happen sometimes.
 

I can’t say I felt much better after my nap but got my ass back down the beach anyway , wakey wakey!!
A dip in the 7 c water helps to waken you up.
I had another fish about 40 minutes later then packed up shortly afterwards.


I'm fishing Tuesday night so I might give it a miss next weekend and recharge my batteries.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Sam R said...

Fishing Tuesday night eh? Good luck, hope you and whoever you're fishing with find a lot of fish ;-)

Martin said...

I'm sure they will :)