Sunday 16 June 2013

Summer's here and so are the Mullet!

Nico from my club sent me a picture of a Mullet for the club blog this week, it reminded that I'd not caught one for a while. So it was maybe time to put that right.

This is the smallest Mullet I’ve caught here at 2.9 pounds a nice enough fish just the same. A nice scrap as well. It took  porridge with some winterized mackerel oil done in the microwave to perfection and left overnight to go hard. I also had the tail end of some red Gulp hanging off the hook just in case the porridge got sucked off the hook. I missed three other bites, seems I’m a bit out of practice.

2 comments:

Col said...

Nice one Martin ,bet you would have to play it hard in hat harbour!

Martin said...

You're not wrong, boat hulls, neds,seals and swans.It was easier today as the seal took Sunday off and it was a decent crowd that was passing through, happy days!