Saturday 22 June 2013

A few bites

I travelled down to the SW on Thursday night and also took Friday off. The decent spell of weather was supposed to breakdown sometime on Friday night so I thought I might try and make the best of it.
As I arrived the sea was flat calm and the outside temperature according to car was 22.5.  I tried one  or two marks that involved  some deep wading, would the patches on the waders hold?  Actually, yes but the bad news, the seams on both feet had gone, great. I left there about midnight, one Bass but I would have been lucky if it made 30cm.
One fish in the morning again about 30cm then sunburn in the afternoon. Also got bitten by two Yorkies when I was putting my wading boots on, hilarious, those little dogs like to think they punch above their weight.
The weather on Friday evening was changing fast and when I started fishing at about 8pm the wind had increased and the rain started. I had a nasty cross wind to deal with and lots of suspended weed. I persevered with hard lures for 30 minutes but it was a waste of time. I had a dig around in my box and rigged up an SP on Gamakatsu worm hook with the weedguard, this is it pictured below.
This is a 2/0 and probably the sharpest hook in this size that I've come across

After a little while I had a nice take and landed this little chap.
I was pleased to see it as I was thinking about packing it in as the rain was getting heaver.
About half an hour later, same again.

It’s a little easier to take pictures even on a night like this when you’re not wading. A squall came through and I missed a fish but hooked up on my next cast with a fish about the same size as the other two. I decided about that time I’d had enough and checked the time.  I reckoned as a resident there might be time for a pint before bed!
And I was right! In fact I got to bed about 2pm and by the 4th Pint I was trying to get the parrot to repeat where’s the xxxxx Bass?
Bitten by  two small dogs and parrot in the same weekend , certainly a first for me. After a nice fish to start with two weeks ago I'm back to the small stuff for the time being.

No comments: