Monday 18 March 2013

Stuff

I've been taking stock ahead of my trip to Norway . I wont be needing any pirks really, might buy one or two when I get there as you invariably do.

The hooks I used last time have seen better days so I purchased some Owner ST-66TN  in 5/0 for the usual change out on any purchases and to replace the old VMC patterns. These are mega sharp and are X4 wire, quality is never cheap but I got these at a reasonable price from Jersey. Raw material costs have certainly gone up but these compared well to Mustad and VMC patterns which are also available but to my mind the Owners are a different class. For anybody reading this the 5/0 is big for its size and will cover 95% of anything you will drop for big Cod, Halibut or Coalies or indeed live or deadbait rigs.

I've also binned the chinese braid I've been using on my UK boat trips over the last couple of years. Some people love it but I was never that impressed by the batch I received to be honest. With the replacement split rings covered from previous trips it might just be a low impact on the wallet trip, well for tackle anyway.....

No comments: