Sunday 3 March 2013

Norway re-visted

It was my intention to go back to Ireland this year, might well still do that but possibly now only for a long weekend. I had an offer to head back to Norway last week for what will be my sixth visit. Its been too long since 2009........

Some fish from some previous trips.

Still my PB from my first trip at 50 pounds
A double shot from what was probably the best days fishing of my life, these fish are in the high teens going on to 20 pounds.We could do no wrong and had numerous double shots. I had a 30 pound Cod and an 18 pound Coalfish on one drop which  had my Shimano Exage 20/30 travel rod creaking at its joints. I was expecting a Halibut in the melee at any point that day but had to wait till my next visit to Norway catch one of 14 pounds.


Getting silly in the sunshine in early May, about 800 yards from here it was blowing a hooli down the main fjord.


This fish came from mid Norway on Hitra. Never quite got my fill of these fish. I'm probably going back to early this year but I guess you just never know.....

Jasons behemoth which fed the village on national Norway day
A few fish showing.... we usually drove on when the sounder looked like this, you had no chance on the Halibut with that many Cod below the boat..

Our 50th Halibut of the week and still the record for the island....

No comments: