Sunday 7 October 2012

Crete Holiday


I got back from Crete mid-week, good times and great weather. We met up with our friends Andy and Charlotte and baby Eloise. Things got off to a shaky start with them arriving before we did to find the hotel we were originally booked into was hovel. We all got moved to here http://www.seaside-hotel.gr/ near Agia Pelagia. Nice resort, good food, cracking rooms. I would recommend a stay here as long as you don't mind hills.

View from our room and the beach in the video below


Some of the fish I could recognise from my pre trip homework were Bogue, Saddled Bream, Salema, Parrot Fish, Ornate Wrasse, Rainbow Wrasse and a solitary Octopus. Lynne is feeding the fish some bread in the clip above.

I’ve no doubt there were serious opportunities to catch but I would need to get a boat to get on the Dentex or AJ’s.  I had one crack at the cliffs which were properly dangerous. The one access point for me was a steep slope which turned out to be an hours walk each way in tough terrain…wouldn’t do that again so just fed the fish when snorkelling giving them and me a break.
The hotel was behind the cliff point way into the distance .I tried for a couple of hours but drew a blank.

Ready for a couple of Mojitos




No comments: