Thursday 31 May 2012

A take on tempertature

I had a few hours to kill tonight so I took a run down the coast as it was a nice night. While I didn’t go as far as I would have liked I was in an area where  Bass are caught but normally later in the year. Out of curiosity I bought a £3 thermometer today in B &Q to check the water temperature. It was 7pm and 15 degrees and being a calm night there was not much wave movement.  I guess because of this it was above what I expected. I managed a small Sea Trout on a surface lure a Xorus Frosty, this was a first for me and the only fish I came across and at 8 inches nothing to write home about. I made a number of moves as there was a lot of salad in the water. I made a point of checking the water temp at waist depth on each occasion the lowest being 14 degrees. It’s just about time for a west coast Bass on a lure as I can’t seem to get away from Sea Trout even when I try!