Friday 27 April 2012

Jack Crevalle

Having watched Robson Green this week its got me in the notion for Mexico again. I was there in 2000 and in 2010...good times.

As you can see below you can do ok without spending much ( on fishing anyway) . I took this on a little Megabass lure, one of the best scraps ever on what was a four piece Mullet rod. It went on for a while and covered hundreds of yards of beach, you can see the rocks where I hooked it in the distance. It was so far offshore on a run that when Harold walked by he couldn't believe it  "dis is ze fish ?" in his English/ German accent. This was also the first day of a storm that turned into a hurricane which wrecked the last two days of the holiday. The pictures don't do it justice as the rain was horizontal and straight at me I could hardly see...what a buzz this fish was a thug!