Saturday 17 March 2012

Butter fingers

The form book was not torn up today with no new pictures for the blog...

I am however getting closer and actually put my hands on two fish today getting wet up to my elbows in the process. I fished a dropping tide for Sea Trout and hooked two fish within a couple of minutes of each other. I tend not to carry a net so with both the fish beached I got between the fish and the sea on each occasion only for them to wriggle unbelievably in about an inch of water and shake the hooks out. The fish were just short of a pound each I guess and their tactics at wrestling were spot on Fish 2 - Martin 0 amateur hour on the beach for me as they both slipped out my hands heading seaward from whence they came. Good laugh just the same but the nets going next time.

No comments: