Monday 29 August 2011

Why I hate Rockling...




In my usual feeble efforts to add any type of Rockling to my species tally for the year I tried a local mark in Troon. The mark is scabby broken ground with some sand and the bait was Mackerel strip and 20 Ragworm I scrounged from my mate on the way to the beach. As usual confidence was not sky high to say the least. No Rockling again... but two small Bass in 5 minutes the first on Rag and the other on fish strip as well as another missed bite. I'm on holiday this week so will have a serious attempt at Bass tonight as Jamie found it hilarious that I was trying for a Rockling on a night that was perfect for Bass. I didn't have the bait for Bass but still managed a couple of fish so I will see what damage I can do tonight when I'm geared up for it. Jamie and the guys had 6 Bass the last time we spoke about 12.15am

No comments: