Saturday 4 June 2011

Mooching around





















Had crack at the mini species last night and got a nice surprise into the bargain. I started trying to catch some Gobies but only managed a bag of nine common Blennies, pretty funny watching and them and sadly quite addictive. I then moved on to the Wrasse, Corkwing, Goldsinny and amongst them a nice Ballan of just over two pounds. I was using my Mullet gear and had four pound line on the reel, just as well the drag was set as when I hooked it as comparatively this was like an express train and was a nice surprise. I also equaled the club record for Corkwing but this was about 2-3 oz lighter than the one I caught in April. As the light faded so did the bites and I changed tactics and threw some lures for half an hour without success, no joy yet for the elusive( for me so far) Bass. I caught another fish which I need to confirm regarding its ID so we will wait and see about that one.

No comments: