Monday 23 May 2011

Jamie's first Bass of the year







After a pretty miserable time at the match yesterday Jamie got a lift today with his first Bass of the year, two Bass in fact. We ventured south again to an area that would provide some shelter from the horrendous wind which at times was so strong it almost lifted me me from the rocks I was casting from. Jamie's fish came as the tide turned and my reward was an 8 inch Coalie...


We probably overstayed our visit but in the absence of another suitable venue which would be reasonable comfortable to fish as well as safe we stuck it out. The Gannets worked the bay for 5 hours solid and as the tide rose they were hitting the water 30 yards from shore, it looked like both the Gannets and Jamie had their tea in the bag, for me it was the walk of shame up the beach and a chip butty on the way home!

No comments: