Sunday 17 April 2011

Dogs breakfast











A nice early start for me today, too early as it happens, anyway the ongoing species hunt this year is going to get pretty addictive.










I headed up to the Bistro on Loch Fyne this morning which is a mark known to me for producing plenty of fish and strangely enough plenty of species albeit mostly small. Large tides this weekend, good forecast and plenty of bait saw me optimistic about adding four or maybe five to my list. At 6.30am I put two rods out with three hooks apiece baited with variety of offerings, crab, ragworm, squid and mackerel. It didn't tackle long before the rods were nodding with the tell tale sign that some days you might be grateful for... but not today. By 7.20 am I had bumped twelve Doggies up the beach including five double shots without a sniff from my intended targets, by 9.30am the tally was nineteen. I stayed on as I thought if I worked my way through them I would pick something else up but that plan didn't work out!




I had a quick bite to eat and moved on to somewhere I might winkle out something for the list, and so I did. Not anything to be proud of but they all count so I added a Common Blenny and a Dab that brought the tally to eleven species for me so far. I did have a quick shot for a Sea Trout but being the wrong stage of the tide I failed so that will be saved for another day....

No comments: