Thursday 26 August 2010

Super Super Spook in the moonrise



Had a session last night, glorious evening totally still, so still I could hear the lure sloshing through the water as I walked it back toward me. The mark I fished is truly treacherous under foot so much so I had to think twice about fishing it myself. Jamie still has my wading stick so I never moved around much which probably resulted in me only catching one Bass of about 2 pounds. The highlight of the night were the crazy crazy Pollack, stopped counting after fifteen, nothing big with them all being under 2 pounds but man oh man ! Having fished here before I expect a few along with the Bass but I don’t think the latter got a look in last night. What I did get was lots of practice on twitch and move with the Super Spook in chartreuse, truth is the less you moved it the better. The nearest thing I have seen to their antics was a sea lion playing with a ball as they bounced the lure a foot into the air when the didn’t get hooked (which was also lots and lots of times) I found myself standing laughing out loud alone, needed something to make me laugh as its total leg & ankle straight into an air ambulance sort of place. Pictures were a hassle and they one’s I have are pretty crap, no time to take decent pictures for the faaashen

No comments: