Friday 13 August 2010

Heads of Ayr last Monday

After a few nice Bass were caught of Prestwick beach last week I thought I would try a session locally for a few hours mid week. Jamie and I headed to a rock mark I had not fished for 15 years. With a rising tide into darkness I guessed we might have a reasonable chance of a Bass. Kelp, broken ground and patches of sand meant my memory had not failed me and with a few gannets working the area we had a chance. Early in the session we both had fish hit the popper hard, we both saw the fish but they were to far out to ID correctly. I gave it a 50/50 chance of being Bass. An hour or so later and with the tide well on the rise we started to pick up some fish, not Bass but some nice Coalies and I had a solitary Mackerel. The blank was off and the Bass just might have been in the area at the start of the session. Jamie did better than me opting to throw some metal at the fish; I stuck with the Maria Chase hoping any passing Bass might prefer this offering. The fact is with fish to 6 pounds caught locally this place should produce the odd Bass, maybe next time

No comments: